The two main types of alcohol or drug addiction treatment are residential and outpatient. Regardless of the form of treatment program, National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) advises that patients actively participate in treatment for a period of at least 90 days. Residential (inpatient) addiction treatment programs are designed to provide a structured, supportive, stable, and encouraging environment for patients to recover physically and mentally.
Each Addiction Treatment Program is Unique
It is important to note that no two addiction treatment programs are exactly the same. For example, a patient may undergo a detox program before continuing treatment in a residential facility and allow alcohol to be safely processed out of his or her body. On the other hand, a person who is heavily dependent on alcohol may need medically supervised detox first to ensure the body is fit for addiction treatment.
A Sample of a Daily Program Schedule
At Spark To Recovery, our medically assisted detox program provides you a successful start to recovery.
A typical day in our program consists of:
- 7:00am – 8:00am: Wake up. Vitals are checked and medications are administered.
- 8:00am – 9:00am: Breakfast & morning reflection, meditation.
- 9:15am – 10:30am: Group meetings covering a variety of topics with primary therapist.
- 10:45am – 11:00am: Free time to prepare for the afternoon.
- 11:15am – 12:00pm: Group meetings, lectures, and seminars focusing on addiction recovery.
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Lunch.
- 1:15pm – 2:30pm: Process groups focusing on such things as anger management, living sober, life skills, and optional 12-step or Holistic recovery.
- 2:45pm – 4:00pm: Variety of group meetings to choose from including Individual sessions with a primary therapist or counselor.
- 4:15pm – 5:30pm: Elective groups that focus on things such as feelings, mindfulness, relapse prevention, trauma, grief, or alternative treatments.
- 5:45pm – 7:00pm: Dinner prepared by our personal chef.
- 7:15pm – 9:15pm: Meetings, outings, recreational therapy, and free time.
- 9:30pm – 11:00pm: Free time and bed.
After 5:30pm, patients are welcome to:
- Use their cell phone or laptop
- Enjoy outdoor or physical activities
- Relax by the pool
- Take a walk
- Hang out in the lounge area
- Watch television or movies
- Read recovery books
- … and more!
Residential treatment programs are generally structured so that patients have a clear idea of what to expect. The daily program schedule is typically handed out or posted each day or night. Individuals will be informed of any potential changes. In general, addiction treatment programs may include therapy sessions, daily individual or group counseling, relapse prevention workshops, and life skills training.
Why Choose Spark To Recovery?
At Spark To Recovery, all of our patients are part of a caring, supportive, and vibrant community where patients support one another through the challenges of addiction recovery. Everyone celebrates the joy of staying healthy and sober living together. Individuals can enjoy peace of mind knowing that our treatment facilities are designed to be conducive to healing. We offer modern workout equipment, pristine accommodations, and other recreational spaces to help set patients on the path to recovery.
If you have any questions about Spark To Recovery’s daily program schedules, do not hesitate to speak with our admissions advisors today. You can call us or contact us through our website.
Get Help Today!
Call one of our admissions specialist to get started on your path to recovery today.
We're Here to Help
Our dedicated team is here to help ensure you get the treatment you need in a safe and supportive environment.
Verify Your Insurance
Upon submitting our insurance verification form, one of our admissions specialists will be in touch to guide your through the whole process.