Outpatient treatment, in contrast with inpatient or residential treatment, is one of the last stages of a comprehensive treatment plan for addiction. It can be recommended as part of your continued care plan, affording individuals the flexibility and freedom to maintain a life outside the facility while continuing to receive the support they need. Do not underestimate the importance of outpatient treatment – many patients can find it overwhelming transitioning back to a life in the outside world after residential treatment. Outpatient services bridge that gap, ensuring that patients stay connected with the network and resources they will need on the path to recovery.
What Goes on During Outpatient Treatment?
A combination of group and individual therapy and counseling sessions will make up most outpatient treatment. These sessions will focus on the following aspects:
- Identifying and managing triggers
- Preventing relapses
- Developing healthy coping mechanisms
The aim is to provide recovering addicts with the tools and support they need to maintain long-term sobriety.
Benefits of Outpatient Treatment
You may be wondering how you can benefit from outpatient treatment. Below are just some ways:
- Outpatient treatment affords you the flexibility of maintaining a life and career while receiving ongoing addiction treatment. As it only takes place for several hours a day, a few days of the week, you can focus on building your life without missing out on the support you require.
- Peer support is an essential element on the path to sobriety. If the only form of socialization you got pre-recovery was with others who used, it can be easy to slip back into old ways if your social circle remains the same. With outpatient treatment, you are connected to a group of individuals who are going through the same thing as you are, who can understand your struggles and encourage each other on the road to sobriety.
- Contrary to what many people may think, the goal of treatment is not simply to wean the patient off a substance. The path to recovery is only complete when you find yourself able to live an independent life that is healthy and fulfilling without the substance in it. As such, recovery is a lifelong process and outpatient treatment provides you with the skills you need to build healthy coping mechanisms that will keep chemical dependency at bay.
- The majority of insurance policies cover outpatient rehab programs, so if you are worried about the cost, you will be glad to know it won’t get in the way of recovery.
Work with Spark To Recovery for Outpatient Addiction Treatment
At Spark To Recovery, we believe in providing a continuum of care to every patient. We do not simply aim to break you off chemical dependency, but to ensure that you can lead a healthy, fulfilling life after completing residential treatment. To this end, we offer outpatient treatment services to provide you with the support you need to get back on your feet. Call Spark To Recovery at (888) 915-1103 today if you want to schedule an appointment with us.